When helping couples and families resolve their conflicts, I often notice various differences in their communication style.
These are the patterns that we can observe.
Some focus more on …
1. The feelings with which a message is delivered rather than the precise words itself.
2. The precise words rather than the feelings with which it is delivered.
3. Both the feelings and the words in roughly equal amounts.
4. Both the feelings and words but with a slight emphasis on the feelings.
5. Both the feelings and words but with a slight emphasis on the words.